Francisco

That is not my problem. First of all I'm using Word 2003. Second of all, my
problem is that all the pages in the merged document say Page 1. Instead of
saying Page 1 then Page 2 and so forth. If for example I have ten pages in my
merged documents, all the footers on every page will say Page 1 of 10. My
question is how do I fix this so it says Page 1 of 10 then Page 2 of 10 then
Page 3 of 10 and so on.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If that is the way that you want the pages numbered, use a catalog (or in
Word XP and later it's called directory) type mailmerge main document and
format the first paragraph in the main document so that it has a page break
before it so that the document created for each record starts on a new page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Francisco" wrote in message
Whenever I perform merge to new document the resulting document shows page
1
for the number of every page. When I check the footer and select format
page
number every footer of every page says start at: 1. However on the mail
merge
template I have continue from previous section selected. Why does it
change
to start at: 1 when I merge? How do I get the merged document to display
the
correct number of the page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.