Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Earl Earl is offline

Default Table of Contents Numbers

This does not work. The table of contents remains with i,ii,iii format after
changing it in the format page number box. I even tried taking the main body
and copying it to a blank file and installing another table of contents - the
result is the same.

This began with my trying to set up the pages before the main body with i,
ii, iii numbering using separate sections. When I was unsuccessful at that, I
gave up and decided not to even give page numbers for the early pages (title
page, disclaimer, table of contents, etc.) still in a separate section. I was
able to get the first page of the first document to be page one but the table
of contents still starts with i rather than 1. I even put a footer in the
table of contents with numbers - that works but the table of contents is
still i, ii, iii.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The table of contents uses the format specified in the Page Number
Format dialog box. You can access this dialog box, for a given
section, via the Format Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Earl" wrote in message
I have a table of contents that is correct in every way but one. The
numbering starts at my page one and is correct but the numbering

format is
different than my document. My document uses -1-, -2-, etc. but the

table of
contents is using i,ii, iii. How is this controled