Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bettina Bettina is offline

Default Adding Numbers of Multiple Cells in a Table

Suzanne,

CyberTaz had come up with a brilliant idea.
I responded to his reply with one question. I believe you are answering
based on an older discussion.

--
Bettina

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the Help topic "Field codes: = (Formula) field," specifically the
section on table references, which explains how to indicate a range; the
examples also include a table range.

"Bettina" wrote in message
I have inserted bookmarks in the cells in my table (one column).
x = a1
x = a2
x = a3
x = a4
x =a 5

x Subtotal cell ? I have tried using a formula: -- insert field, formula.
What is the calculation for adding the cells above. The help menu only

shows
a calculation to add 2 cells instead of a column of cells.

I then have two more cells below the subtotal cell:

x Total cell. What is the field formula for adding the subtotal and the

two
cells below?

I am using bookmarks because I have a subtotal and 2 cells below to equal

total.

PS - Why doesn't Word have any templates with the formula's. It seems that
formula's are primarily done in excel.

Thank you very much!
Bettina