Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default More Mail Merge truncating

1. The answer that seemed to work for the original poster was
"connecting directly to SQL Server" - is that an option for you?

2. Can you be more precise about how you are padding the first row? IMO
a necessary condition for this to work would be that the cell in the
column where the data is truncated would need to contain a string which
was longer than 255 characters after trailing white space (and possibly
leading white space) is removed.. However, that may well not be a
sufficient condition.
Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

egordon wrote:
Did anyone ever find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem...

"cheshirecat" wrote:

I've been reading the threads and trying the advice to no avail. When I merge
into Word 2003 from an Excel spreadsheet that's pulling data off a SQL
Server, two fields are truncated at 255, but a third is not. I've tried
padding the first row, but it doesn't work, nor does chosing the connection
method. Any ideas?

thanks,
Linda