Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default REF \p Switch: language setting

If you also add the \* CHARFORMAT switch to the PAGEREF field, before
formatting the field in English, does that help?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-07-16 10:58, FrankL wrote:
Hi,

I am using a german version of Office 2010, writing english documents.

I want to insert a REFerence that automatically expands to "above" or
"below".

Problem: it always prints out a german version "oben" or "unterhalb".

I tried to change the language of the field itself (Alt-F9) as well as
the result.
More weird: it prints different _german_ versions of "unterhalb" when
using different _english_ language flavours:

German:
"unterhalb" / "oben"

English (Großbritannien, i.e. UK):
"unterhalb" / "oben"

English (US):
"unten" / "oben"

I have already read some threads here. The thread "PAGEREF \p Switch in
DE, SV, SK, and PL" (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?p=425643)
seems to be most related. But it looks like nobody there has had any
problems changing the language for their PAGEREF-Tests...

What can I do?

Best Regards
Frank