Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default adding pages

Hi ?B?TW9KUg==?=,

Yes, I am using form fields. I am working in Word version 2003.

OK, based on what you tell us, I'd start like this:

1. Start with the first form. Assuming the similar form should follow...

2. Insert a manual page break (Ctrl+Enter). Insert/File to import the similar form.

3. Where you want to duplicate user input from Form 1, insert a REF field that
references the form field's name (actually a bookmark).
- ctrl+F9 to insert field brackets
- type REF then the name
- F9 to update the field
- Alt+F9 to toggle field codes off/on
- double-click a form field to open the Options dialog box if you don't know the
form field's name (and to assign it a more meaningful one, if you wish)

4. After the second form, use Insert/Break to insert a Next Page section break.

5. In File/Page Setup alter the paper orientation and anything else you need to
change (such as margins). Make SURE you save it for "This section" (and not "Whole
document" or anything else from that list).

6. Insert/File to bring in the third form.

7. Do the fourth form similarly to how you did the second.

I am trying to create a single document that has four separate forms.
Two of the forms use the same information. One form is built on pleading
paper.

By "forms" do you mean you're using form fields?
In which version of Word are you working?

Here's a tip: In order to switch page sizes or margins you need to insert a
SECTION BREAK. Page Layout settings are section-specific. Insert/Break will let
you insert a section break. For this, you should choose the "Next page" section
type.

1. How do I add these forms into one document?
2. I would like to auto populate the two similar forms. My attempts at
this have failed thus far.
I also discovered while trying to copy the form built on pleading paper,
the vertical lines running the full length of the paper do not transfer. I
also discovered that trying to add a new page after this form resulted in the
new page being formatted as pleading paper.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)