Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Default IncludePicture - fields rendering when I save the source document

From the Tools menu, select Options and then on the General tab, click on
Web Options and then select the Files tab and uncheck the option to Update
links on save.

Perfect! Thanks Doug, I was tearing my hair out yesterday...

That's a great example of how difficult the challenge of Word can be -
I'm sure the Microsoft designers had some sense of logic for where
they positioned that tick box, but how is anyone supposed to find that
solution when they have the same problem as me? I am just grateful for
the existence of the newsgroups!

Andy