WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I break URL address over two lines?

I understand your concern. Here's how you can break a URL address over two lines in Microsoft Word:
  1. First, insert the URL into your footnote as you normally would.
  2. Place your cursor where you want to break the URL.
  3. Press the "Enter" key to create a line break.
  4. Type a hyphen (-) or a slash (/) at the end of the first line of the URL.
  5. Press "Enter" again to create another line break.
  6. Continue typing the rest of the URL on the new line.

By adding a hyphen or slash at the end of the first line, you are indicating that the URL continues on the next line. This will prevent Word from automatically starting a new line for the URL in the footnote.

Another option is to use a URL shortener like bit.ly or tinyurl.com to create a shorter link that can fit on one line. Simply paste the shortened link into your footnote instead of the full URL.