Cindy W.

Default Numbered lists does not format automatically

Thanks very much. I already have those options selected and it still doesn't
auto format the numbered list like before. I did go in to formatting bullets
and numbering and found the formatting that I always use to already be there,
however, it keeps defaulting to "None" for the numbering style. I even went
into the list of styles and made sure the settings for the numbering list is
what I want. I will check the links you sent and see if there is anything
else I can try. Thanks again!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Choose ToolsAutoCorrect. Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Check
"Automatic bulleted lists" and "Automatic numbered lists" and click
OK. Note, however, that you would be better off setting up numbering
via styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cindy W." wrote in message
I seem to have the opposite problem as some of you. I can't seem to

get my
automatic numbering to work. I have to type a numbered list and then

click on
the numbering icon on my toolbar to apply the formatting for the

numbered
list. I used to only need to type: "1. xyz" then hit my return key

and it
would automatically format this first line and format the next line

just like
it. Now, no matter what I have selected, I can't get this to

automatically
format the numbered lists the way it used to. Word is ignoring my
customizations and selections in many cases besides this. I have

just
recently had MS Office 2003 Professional loaded on my computer from

our IT
folks.