Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2000 Long Convoluted Error Message

I have never had any problem using Ctrl+V to paste copied text into any Web
form anywhere; I find it hard to believe it would not work in the
Communities portal you are using. Of course, you have to have copied the
text first. You can copy an error message using Ctrl+C.

"Chartsmalm" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+V is the universal shortcut for Paste and works anywhere in

Windows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Chartsmalm" wrote in message
This site doesn't allow paste in the message area - and, does not have

any
means to attach.

The error message contains 16 lines of text. Far too much for me to

try
type accurately.
The opening line is "This error message can appear for several

reasons."
The closing line is "More information about this error message online"

[
with no link to an online URL]

There are 4 paragraphs that talk about Recovery, disk space, RAM, file

locks
and attributes. None of the suggested problem sources are applicable

file or system.

The document was created in Word 2000. The user is using Word 2003.

There
are 8, or more, other users using the same .doc with Word 2003, with

no
problem.

The .doc is a form completion .doc, using the macros that change the

"Enter"
key to "Tab" and then back to "Enter" upon closing the .doc. There is

no
error message number.

The complaining user is using Windows XP pro on a Dell

If anyone has an idea as to why this would be occurring, please let me

know.
I could send a JPEG of the error message if I have your e-mail

address.

I've seen the rejection due to macros. This we adjust to moderate

level
security so that they still get asked if it's okay - in order to block

out
unknowns. But that is not the message that is coming up. The document

is
not
opening far enough to cause that error

Sure would appreciate a hand. I've warrantied this project and it is

working
successfully at 22 locations, in 5 states. All of a sudden this

strange
unlabeled error message.

HELP!!!

Suzanne:

CTRl+V wouldn't work here. Any other ideas?

CHartsmalm