Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
C.M.[_2_] C.M.[_2_] is offline

Default Watermark

I have a slightly different problem. I am trying to place the word "sample"
over a table. I am able to use the watermark on the table only by using the
"continuous section break" option before and after the table, closing the
"same as previous" option in the headers then deleting the watermark from the
other sections. I just can't bring the watermark forward or sent the table
backward.

The only other option I can think of is to use WordArt, but it displaces the
text in the table in a cell.

Any ideas on how to mark a table "sample" over the table?

CM

"B.W." wrote:

Thanks Suzanne, it must be something in the way the table was created
perhaps and as I don't really know how it was set up I'll just have to give
the watermark idea a miss. I think the original one had the watermark but
the format has been changed so much anything could have happened. Many
thanks anyway for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Very odd, since a watermark is behind text (anchored to the header) and
shouldn't affect the table at all.

http://word.mvps.org

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I have the table open and go to....

Format - Background - Printed Watermark - Text - type in the text and
O.K. But then the table overflows on to page two

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
How are you creating the watermark?

http://word.mvps.org

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I
need for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text
etc but still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.