Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CL1977[_2_] CL1977[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic Numbering that disappears when opened on another Networked PC

Thanks Stefan, but I have checked all of the PCs and all are set-up with
"Automatically Update Document Styles" being unchecked. So it seems that
this is not the cause of our problem.

Stefan Blom;2760299 Wrote:
Is the "Automatically update document styles" option checked in the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? If so, clear it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CL1977" wrote in message
...-

Hi, There is a person in my office who often creates documents with
automatic numbering, including sub-numbering (ie 2.1, 2.2 etc).
The issue we have is that whenever she saves and the document is then
opened by someone else, the numbering has disappeared.
This doesn't happen if the person who created the document re-opens
it
and closes it again before someone else tries to open it.
Has anyone else ever had a similar issue or knows of what might be
causing it?

--
CL1977-

--