Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
LisaH

Default Page x of y ("y" is wrong)

My customers want their document to have the page numbering start on what is
actually the 3rd page of the document. I can set the start number of the 3rd
page to 1, but then the final page says "Page 131 of 133." How can I make
that "of total" page number come out correctly?

FYI, I've read several articles on Word page numbering, but none seems to
specifically address this. I gather that I could make it happen if I divided
the document into two sections and numbered the sections differently, but the
document has several landscaped pages and so it already consists of more than
one section.

Thanks!