Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Show comments in balloons and no mark up or review pane

"Ink" refers to ink annotations, which are hand-written notes added by a
tablet pen.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan Il" wrote in message
Hi Stefan. In the list of the Show Markup there is a Ink in the list. I am
not sure what that does.

Jan

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Good point, but note that the choices made under Show Markup won't be
preserved, unless the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
option has been cleared in the Trust Center dialog box. This also applies
any recipients, of course: if they haven't cleared the option, they will
still see the markup when receiving the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
That will cause the editing to appear inline. To print (to paper or
pdf) a document where the comments show but not the markup, under
"Show Markup" uncheck "Insertions and Deletions" and "Formatting."

On Oct 10, 8:29 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
In the Track Changes Options dialog box, for "Use Balloons (Print and Web
Layout only)," choose "Only for comments/formatting." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan Il" wrote in message

Hi All, Vista and Office 2007

I am running into problems with the reviewing toolbar, specifically, I
cannot get a version of a document that will show comments, but, not
final
mark up. If I try to add a comment it automatically opens a reviewing
pane
which I don't want. I want to be able to send my writer a corrected
version
that shows my comments (notes) in balloons, but, it doesn't show all the
changes, and I also want that version on my screen which I can't get
unless
I brought it to the newer computer this way, (from my old computer).
However, a doc that has been emailed to me and I am correcting on the new
computer, I can't get comments without showing mark up. The document
being
emailed to me is in 2003 format. How can I set it in 2007 so that I can
show the comments in the balloons and not have the review pane or mark
up?

Jan