Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim in Ottawa

Default how to formulate an 11x17 document with different columns per

Another option is to set up a 17x11 page with linked text boxes instead of
columns. You will get individual control over the width of each "column"
(text box) and can size them as needed or even delete them if you have a lot
of graphics.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Whizzer,

Depending on your requirements, you could create a two-page 11*17 document
with a 5-column spread on page one, followed by a section break and a
2-column layout (or is 4) on page two. By default, Word makes the columns
the same width, but you can change their individual widths, and the space
between them, using Format|Columns.

Column layouts work best if the text is meant to flow from one to the other.
If they're not meant to behave that way, another approach would be to use a
single-row multi-column table on each page, with each column's width set to
whatever you want.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Whizzer" wrote in message
I'm trying to create an 11x17 document printed on both sides. I really

need
four (4) 8 1/2x 11 pages put together to make this document. But I want
different amounts of columns on each of the four 8 1/2x 11 pages. For ex.

3
columns on p. 1; 1 column on page 2, and 2 columns on pages 3-4.
If I create an 11 x 17 page for this and go to columns and select 4. Then

get 4 columns across pages 1-2 while I really want 2 columns on p. 1 and 3
columns on page 2, etc.
Can I create this document from an 11 x 17 template and do this or do I

need
to just create four separate 8 1/2 x 11 pages and figure out how to put

them
together to make 1 11 x 17 document printed on both sides, front and back?
Please help! Thanks in advance.