Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
William William is offline

Default CAN'T CONTROL HEADER HEIGHT

Bingo! It was the "top" setting. Thanks so much!!
--
William

"StevenM" wrote:

To: William,

In the Page Setup menu (File - Page Setup), under the "Margins" tab, check
the values of "From Edge" & "Header" (and "Top" while you're at it). I
suspect that might be the cause.

Steven Craig Miller

"William" wrote:

Word 2003/XP

Dang, I just cant figure this one out. I have a document sent to me by
email that has a header 1¾ in height. There are only 3 lines of text in the
header (Arial 8), so there is too much space between the header text and the
body of the document. Normally, I would just drag the bottom margin of the
header up in Print Layout View to close the space, but the bottom border
either:
1. snaps back to the 1¾ high mark after I drag the border and then release
2. appears to merge the entire body of the text into the header

I cannot see anything in the space below the header text and the bottom
margin of the header. No data, no formatting. Ive turned on reveal
formatting, hide/show formatting toggle, but it just appears to be blank
space.

How can I make this header an appropriate height!?

Thanks for ideas.

--
William