Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hyperlink to bookmark in Word 2007

In a quick test, hyperlinking to a particular bookmark seems to work for me.
Note that I haven't tested with a Word document on the internet, only on my
local computer (which of course may be relevant).

Another thing to consider: Are you using the most recent updates with
Word/Office?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Blight" wrote in message
I can hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word document if the document is opened
in
Word 2003, where the link is of the form:
http://server/mysite/docs/mydoc.doc#mybookmark

However, in Word 2007, the document is opened at its top; the bookmark is
ignored.

Could anyone confirm whether this is a known problem with Word 2007? I
have
seen another instance reported:
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg00410.html

but supporting evidence would be helpful.

Thanks.