Jay Freedman

blackberry_cobbler wrote:
I'm putting together a big report in Word, using Elegant Report
style/template. There is one section of the document that I'm
incorporating that was created entirely without that Elegant format.
I cut and pasted it in and, oh LORD, what a mess.

It seems as though I should be able to turn off the Elegant Report
for one section.

Any hints?

Your kind help is much appreciated.

Elegant Report is the name of the template (the file that supplied the
styles to start the document) -- it isn't something that "turns off".

The cause of the problem is probably that the document you copied the
material from had styles with the same names but with different definitions
than the ones in the report document. The article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html explains
what happens. You want the method explained in the last paragraph -- use
Paste Special Unformatted Text to paste the material into your document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman