Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Can I make one long document with no page breaks?

Hi ?B?RGFuIFM=?=,

I would like to create one long document without page breaks. I only need to
list this info and page breaks clutter things up. I think this would help
also if I want to turn it into an xml document as well.

Word cannot create files without page breaks. You can set up a page to be rather
long (I forget what the maximum size is). But Word is designed as a word
processor, so line and page breaks are what it does.

Word never saves the automatic page breaks in the files, so page breaks will
have no effect on any file you save as XML.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to work in the NORMAL view, rather than
Print/Page Layout? You should be able to suppress the display of the dashed
lines indicating page breaks by turning off the backwards "P" button.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)