Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Can I print an envelope without unlocking my document? Slight

Whoa, back up the truck... The macro and the toolbar must be stored in some
file, whether a document (.doc) or a template (.dot) file. What is that
file?

MoJR wrote:
Jay,
I guess I didn't put the Backgounf:=False statement in the right
place. Do I need to paste this code into an existing template for it
to work as expected? Currently, it is on a tool bar and not in any
existing template. mojr

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I don't see anything there that could cause the symptoms you
described. (The ActiveDocument.PrintOut statement should include the
Background:=False parameter to make the macro wait until spooling
has finished before trying to close the document, but that wouldn't
change the behavior so drastically.)

If you want me to look at the template and try to figure out what's
wrong, zip it and email it to me.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MoJR wrote:
Jay,
This is the version of the code I developed.
Sub MakeEnvelope2()
Dim addr As String
addr = _
ActiveDocument.FormFields("name").Result
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
End If

With Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels)
.DefaultTab = _
wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabelsTabEnvelopes
.EnvReturn = Application.UserAddress
.AddrText = addr
.Show
End With

ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, _
NoReset:=True
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
ActiveDocument.Close
End Sub

Thank you,
mojr

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:10:27 -0800, "MoJR"
wrote:

Jay,
The new macro works great. I managed to modify it to include
printing my documents that go with the envelope. However, when I
assign it to a keystroke, it opens the print dialogue. If I then
hit 'print' the delivery address disappears and the envelope does
not print, but two copies of the document will print. When I
assign it to a toolbar and click it with the mouse it works fine.
It would be nice to use the keyboard. Thank you in advance for
your help. mojr

I don't know of any (ordinary) way to make a macro behave
differently depending on whether it's launched from a button or a
keystroke. It takes some fairly sophisticated VBA to do that...

First, make absolutely sure that you've assigned the keystroke to
the macro (look in Tools Customize Keyboard and click the
macro's name to see what keystroke is assigned to it).

If that's OK, post your version of the code for me to look at. If I
don't see anything likely, I'll ask you to send me a copy of the
template.