Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jdyer@etmpower.com is offline

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:18:35 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 1:29:37 AM UTC-5, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This problem exists in 2013

I had to change to web layout. then I was able to highlight and delete

I have Word 2010 and this didn't work for me. Any other ideas?
Here's my situation:
Page 50 has 2 columns at the top. I have a "section break (continuous)" in the middle of page 50 and then 1 column below the continuous section break. I have 2 lines of text and then a "section break (next page)" [this is the one I want to delete]. On page 51 I have 1 column. The problem is that when I delete the "Section break (next page)", the "section break (continuous)" converts itself to a "section break (next page)". This happens regardless of whether or not I am in Print layout, web layout, or outline views.

Any ideas?