Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

Your documents may be set to UK English but your Windows version isn't. The
date shown is the Windows short date format which is configured in control
panel regional settings.

As for the date in the balloons, I suspect not, though I stand to be
corrected by those who make more use of this function.

Melissa wrote:
All my documents are set to English (UK).
Is there a way to change the format of the comment date? Mine
currently shows MM/DD/YYYY. I want to show DD/MM/YYYY.

Secondly, can I display the date in the balloons? (next to
Commenter's name)