Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa

Default Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

Hi Cindy,
I am using Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.
This is what I've done since your post:
1. Regional Settings in Control Panel: Standards and Formats = English (UK)
2. Location = UK
3. Languages tab Details button: Default input language = English (UK)
4. Clicked OK to go back to previous window - Advanced tab: Language for
non-Unicode programs = English (UK)

I changed everything I see to UK. I even restarted my PC. When I launched
my doc, the comments are still displayed in mm/dd/yyyy. I even created a new
document to test and the results are mm/dd/yyyy.

What else can I do? WHat info can I provide?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=,

Are you saying that you use UK too and the date displayed for your Comments
are dd/mm/yyyy?
I'm just wondering if mm/dd/yyyy is the default used by Microsoft and that
can't be changed...

FWIW, I have my system set with UK at in BOTH halves of this dialog box
(language AND location). The comments on my machine (Office 2003, SP1 & WinXP
SP1) all display dd/mm/yyyy.

I don't see which version of Word you have in any of the messages in this
thread? (It would have to be 2002 or 2003...)

I note, as well, that it makes no difference with which language the text is
formatted. I believe this is controlled at the Windows level.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org