ningbo

Default Opening a word 9 file with Word 2003

I have received an attachment in an email that is about 120 pages that was
created in Word 9. When I try to open this file on this laptop computer
with Word 2003, I can an message that says: Word can not open this file,
file may be corrupt. However, everyone else can open this file and I can
even open this file on my desktop computer which I believe is Word 2002. At
least, the box says Office 2002 version. I am sorry that I am not very
computer literate. Can someone explain why the file opens on one computer
and not on my laptop?