Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] queenb78@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 - Locking Forms

On Apr 11, 6:45*pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
On the Developer tab make sure "Design Mode" isn't selected. If that's not
it, on the Mailings tab click "Start Mail Merge" and make sure the document
type is a "Normal Word Document".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVPhttps://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? *http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Mindy" wrote in message

Thanks. I actually did that but my Start Enforcing Protection button is
grayed out and no matter what I select it will not become available for me
use it. Thanks.
--
Mindy

"BoniM" wrote:

On the Developer tab, click Protect Document. *Under Editing
restrictions,
click Allow only this type of editing in the document: and then select
Filling in forms from the drop down list. *Click the Yes, Start Enforcing
Protection button. *You do not have to enter a password - just click OK
accept without and your form is ready for use...
If you do not see the Developer tab, click the Office Button, Click the
Word
Options button, and click the Show Developer tab in the ribbon option.

"Mindy" wrote:

Hello. I am trying to create a simple form in Word 2007. In the past
versions
there was a simple lock icon that toggled on and off to lock the form..
This
version seems to have this complicated feature for protection and I do
not
necessarily want to do the protection feature by adding a password, but
simply want to lock the document so that you can tab across the fields
fill out etc. I've searched help, but cannot find any such feature to
simply
lock the form so that it is able to be sent out to people to tab and
click
and complete the fields. Please help!!! Thank you.
--
Mindy- Hide quoted text -

Hello, I have a question I need assistance with that is along the same
lines as the discussion you guys are having. I have created the fill
in fields with Word 2007, but I need to know if there is any way
possible to tab through the fields without having to lock the form?

Any assistance will be helpful.
Thanx.
Bobbie C