Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default why do we use print preview modes?

W2007. And I don't recall seeing them before today either. But I just
tried it in W2003 (different computer), and, after I added the standard
toolbar and clicked the pilcrow, there they are.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
Which version of Word are you using? Using Windows versions only (Word 97,
2000, 2003, and now 2007), I have certainly never seen nonprinting marks in
Print Preview. (Well, one exception might be the shading applied to form
fields.)

They look exactly the same, pilcrows, centered dots for spaces, greyed
fields,

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

i can't find the answer here.