Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default 2 diff. page numbers per page in header/footer?

You're right about the bookmark name. No, SectionPages is correct as it
stands. Note that these are all fields, inserted by pressing ctrl-F9, not by
typing curly brackets from the keyboard.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Your formula is actually helping me solve a problem I am having. Or I
think it may.

I am having trouble with the equation since I have never used them
before. I have my bookmark inserted and named. I made the assumption
that "BookmarkName" was supposed to be replaced manually with the
bookmark names I created. However, I am still getting syntax errors.

Does the "SectionPages" represent another hard-coded value that I must
enter?

Thanks,
Neeva

Jezebel wrote:
To do the section numbering ---

1. Bookmark something on the first page of the section, such as the
section
heading. (Word actually does this automatically if you insert a table of
contents: check the 'Hidden bookmarks' checkbox on the Bookmark dialog --
the _TOC bookmarks mark your headings; but the names are rather cryptic.)

2. In the header for each section, use a nested equation field that looks
like this

{ = { PAGE } - { PAGEREF BookmarkName } + 1 } of { SectionPages }

This translates as: current page number, minus the page number of the
bookmark (ie the first page of the section), plus one.

You'll have to do each section separately, so make sure you clear the
'Same
as previous' option.