WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I set tab to equal 5 spaces instead of inches?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can set your tab to equal 5 spaces instead of inches:
  1. Open your Microsoft Word document.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Paragraph" section to open the "Paragraph" dialog box.
  4. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Tabs" button at the bottom.
  5. In the "Tabs" dialog box, under "Tab stop position," type "5" in the "Set" box.
  6. Under "Alignment," select "Left."
  7. Under "Leader," select "None."
  8. Click on the "Set" button, then click "OK" to close the "Tabs" dialog box.
  9. Click "OK" again to close the "Paragraph" dialog box.

Now, each time you hit the tab key, it will move your cursor 5 spaces to the right of your last word typed. I hope that helps!