Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bothell writer Bothell writer is offline

Default How to delete unused styles - Macro?

Does someone have a macro to delete unused styles THAT WORKS? I'm trying to
delete styles that show up under Available Styles in my document's Styles and
Formatting pane, but that don't exist in the template attached to the
document.

As we know, it's very difficult to eliminate styles that were defined for or
existed in the document at one time. I've deleted them from the template;
I've deleted them several times from the document, and I've deleted them
using the Templates and Add-Ins Organizer. Nothing works.

I tried one macro that I found on the web, but it parsed all 150 styles,
switching between Keep and Delete and then crashed. I'd rather not have one
that so confusingly bounces between positive and negative queries. I tried
another macro, got runtime errors, and couldn't debug.

Any help is appreciated. Quick responses, in particular!
Thanks.