Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Caroline

Default why table lines do not appear bottom of each page

Thanks for the suggestion Lisa - but yes our lawyers would want the left and
right borders to meet up. I thought perhaps the problem might have been that
the table was started by someone who doesn't understand borders or lines and
now we have all sorts of lines in the table, i.e. sometimes the line at the
bottom of a row is actually made up by someone using the top line of the
following row. In this particular document I noticed that it didn't have
outside border on, I put it on and SOME 'extra' lines appeared at the bottom
of the page but when I looked through the entire document - some didn't.

" wrote:

Consider putting the table in its own (continuous) section and altering
the footer to include a single-row of your table with a border along
the top but no text. This will give the appearance of a border at the
end of each page, however there will be some variation in the distance
between the last row of the page and the border. The last row of the
actual table may need to be in its own continuous section if the
lawyers want to have the border close to the table when there are only
a few rows on the last page. The section with the last row obviously
would omit the table in the footer.

This solution will not work if the lawyers require left and right
borders because there will be a gap between the table in the section
and the table in the footer.