Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin gifford martin gifford is offline

Default I'd love sheet tabs like at the bottom of Excel

Hi,
I'm writing a book and I'd love to have sheet tabs like in the bottom of
Excel. Imagine the benefits: I could have separate tabs for:
- New Topic Sentences
- New Chapters
- Polished Chapters
- Out Edits
- Quotes
- Reminders
- Etc.
Wouldn't it be wonderful? Then Word Count would be accurate for my Polished
Chapters, and I'd have a word count for new chapters. There would be many
other benefits.
Is there similar functionality in Word 2007? I guess you can hyperlink to
separate documents, but then you've got to be careful to keep documents
together, and it's not as good. And there's Master Documents which I don't
trust, and isn't as good.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.