Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ajani57 ajani57 is offline

Default I'd love sheet tabs like at the bottom of Excel

lol, good point! But, I counter, when it is pouring out you have to admit
that openers are convenient. Normally, using the task bar is no problem, but
when I have 12 pages open the task bar slows me down exponentially. I tried
the 'cascading' button, as well as the 'tile vertically or horizontally'
choices, but they are virtually worthless. Alas, I'll keep using the task
bar, but just because I have to. Geez, I am wishing for tabs.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Getting out of your car might actually lengthen your life!

ajani57 wrote:
You're right, two clicks will not shorten a life, but neither will
getting out of the car to open the garage door, but by golly, garage
door openers sure are good to have! I think the tab idea is the best
one ever... I just got assigned to create the 12 page newsletter
every month, and having tabs at the bottom would be wonderful. They
should pay people for ideas like that!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can set whether the task bar groups similar icons or not by right
clicking the task bar and selecting properties, however, the ability
to group icons by applications was one of the best innovations
introduced with Windows XP. Two clicks instead of one is not going
to shorten your life!