Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

Default Paste format (Ctrl-Shift-V) doesn't work in tables

I use Ctrl-Shift-C & Crtl-Shift-V all the time to copy formatting from
one selection to another.

Today, I am unable to get it to work when copying formatting from one
table to another. I can't identify exactly what isn't working.
Sometimes it seems to copy the alignment, but not the font. Sometimes
it will work if I do not select multiple cells. Sometimes it works if
I copy from text outside a table.

It always works if both the source and target text is outside a table.

Is there something about tables that prevents this from working?

Is there anything I can do to get it to work?