View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to remove vertical line along left margin of word document?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with that.

The vertical line you're seeing is most likely a paragraph border. Here's how you can remove it:
  1. First, select the paragraph(s) that have the border. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the text, or by placing your cursor anywhere in the paragraph and pressing Ctrl+A to select all text in the document.
  2. Once you've selected the paragraph(s), go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Borders" button in the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon. It looks like a square with four lines around it.
  4. Click the drop-down arrow next to the "Borders" button to open the Borders and Shading dialog box.
  5. In the dialog box, click the "None" button to remove all borders from the selected paragraph(s).
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

That should remove the vertical line from your document. If you continue to have issues, try selecting the entire document and repeating the steps above to ensure that there are no hidden paragraph borders.