Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Table editing issues

Hi David,

Your description suggests the document is protected for forms. To unprotect it so that you can edit the protected portions, goto
Tools|Unprotect Document (Word 97-2003) or Developer Tab|Protect Document|Stop Protection (Word 2007). You may have to enter a
password - if so, you'll need to get that from whoever protected the document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"David S" David wrote in message ...
Normally I can figure Word out but not this time.

OK, I have a document (we use as our PC build sheet at work) that has fields
I can edit and fields that I cannot edit. Example...

"Employee Name:" followed by a gray area. Now, I can fill in the employee
name in the gray area but cannot edit the "Employee Name:" part. I am going
to need to edit some of the software names listed on the sheet as there are
some we dont have and some I need to add and I cant edit the software names
but I can check the little box to the left of it. Any tips?