Doug Robbins

Use and If...Then...Else field that checks to see if the maiden field is
blank and if it is not, enters the maiden followed by a space, otherwise, it
inserts nothing.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "maiden" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "maiden" } " "" }

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"S Cocke" S wrote in message
I'm trying to merge a doc that has names, some with maiden names and some
without. I want the merge to go first(space)maiden(space)last UNLESS
there
is no maiden name, in which case I only need ONE space.

Any ideas?