Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snulton snulton is offline

Default How do I set up automatically suceeding numbers in Word?

I have set up the Macro as on the page however when I attempt to open the
template Microsoft Basic pops up with the messege "The macros in this project
are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host
application to determine how to enable macros." then I got a popup trying to
debug the first of the last two commands.

Also is the value "00#" a locked in numeric value or will it work with eight
digits?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

snulton wrote:
I have a template that has a space for a number. I want each
successive document opened using that template to have a new number
that is the next number in sucession, i.e. - after opening 20071001,
the next time that I access that template should open 2001002.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman