Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L Lightner L Lightner is offline

Default Mail Merging with Form Fields in Main Doc

Using Word 2003...

We have a main document used in a mail merge. This main document contains
form field codes (check box form field, drop-down form field and text form
field).

My question is in order to complete the merge I have to unlock the document
or it will not finish the merging process. However once I click "edit
individual letters" and make it a new document, it loses the text form fields
ONLY - it is leaving the areas where they check a box - just losing the text
form field areas.

Thanks for any help in advance
--
L Lightner