Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Word Underlines EVERYTHING!

Forgot to add, As you uncheck the Auto Update, check the "Add to template".
When you save allow the template to be updated, so this problem will not hit
you tthe next time you open a new document.

"DeanH" wrote:

Check that the style that the text you are changing does not have
"Automatically update" setting applied.
This can be found under Format, Styles and Formatting, Modify, lower right
corner of the dialog box.Clear the box if it is checked.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Armchairwarlord" wrote:

I have a problem. I write a document. then I select a word or phrase and
underline it. The whole page is then underlined. When I press undo. The words
I wanted are underlined and the rest of the document is now not underlined.
This is the same for 'Bold' and 'Italics'. Any idea what I do?