Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default No longer able to print labels using Works 4

1. This is really a /Word/ group and you may need to post your question in a
Works group.

how I can
download works 4 onto my new computer with XP as I have the program
still on disc.

2. If you still have the disk(s) then you ought to be able to install Works
4 using them, as long as you have
a. a drive that can read the disks on your new PC
b. any necessary licence code

However, if I were doing that I would
c. ensure I had CDs and SETUP licence keys for the version of Works Suite
loaded on my new PC first, just in case
d. use Windows Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|System Restore
to create a Restore Point before starting (have a look at the Windows XP
Help if you haven't used this feature before)

3. Although I don't know Works that well, the chances are that the main
difference between your old Works 4 and the new Works Suite is that the
"Works" word processor has been replaced by the "Word XP" (Word 2002) word
processor and that there is a template in the suite to help you with such
things as label printing and so on. But
e. can you open your .wdb?
f. what goes wrong when you try to do the merge? Is it primarily that you
just prefer to do it the old way (in which case I think I'd go the "install
the old software" route as you suggest)? Or are you having ddifficulty
working out which feature to use (in which case, maybe we, or someone in a
Works group can help)? Or is it that something goes wrong? - if so, what?

Peter Jamieson

"robbieschulte" wrote in message

After printing labels for many years using Microsoft Works 4.0, I can no
longer perform these
functions. Having purchased a new computer with Microsoft
Works Suite 2003, I can no
longer do what I had successfully been doing.

I use to use a Works database (wdb), converted from a dbx database,
with a large number of addresses. I have not found out how to do
previous functions in selecting from the database and printing Avery
tenmplate labels with the Microsoft
programs.

Any suiggestions how I can do what I did in Works 4 or how I can
download works 4 onto my new computer with XP as I have the program
still on disc.
Robert Schulte

--
robbieschulte