Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Is there someplace to report grammar checker errors?

"Three Lefts" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:15:03 -0500, "Beth Melton"
wrote:
I was trying to be helpful. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

I wasn't my intention to make you feel this way, I'm sorry if I did.

You did not. You never do. Beth, I have always found you to be helpful
and respectful.

Why thank you! It's difficult to convey "tone" in writing and you never know
how your words might be taken. Your comment is very reassuring. :-)

As
Suzanne noted, we (as MVPs) do have a way to report bugs to Microsoft but
at
the same time we must choose what we escalate carefully and prioritize
those
we do report for the reasons she stated.

I wasn't asking anyone to report anything. I realize this is low on
the priority list. (Of course, this is because Microsoft puts out
bug-riddled products. There are fairly significant bugs in Word that
have been known for many releases, such as the Jason tabs.) I simply
asked if there might be someplace where *I* could report what I found.

I wish there were a such a place but I also understand why there isn't. What
you found is obviously legitimate but the majority of what many folks think
are bugs aren't actually bugs. For example we see numerous posts in the
newsgroups where folks think seeing field codes in their document or
formatting marks is a bug and a bug reporting tool will be filled with
similar reports.

Should the topic of grammar check
issues ever come up I've have the examples you provided in the notes I
keep.
Thanks!

If someone had said that i the beginning, this would have been a
2-post thread.

Welcome to the newsgroups. LOL

Thanks, Beth

You're welcome. :-)