Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
**Niki**[_2_] **Niki**[_2_] is offline

Default 2003 to 2007

Hi Bob,

It is my own computer at home. Do you know how to change the settings so
that I can get the "new document" dialog box to open instead of just the one
that says "templates" when i click office button new? It's really
frustrating because I am taking a class on office 2007 and even my instructor
doesn't know how to fix the problem. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
Noriko
--
**Niki**

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Niki,

Is this on your own computer or one setup by the admins at work?
There are settings that can be used to only show that dialog rather than the Word 2007 one.

===========
"**Niki**" wrote in message ...
I already know that I suppose to be able to access the New Document dialog
box via Office button New in Word 2007 . But I do not get the New Document
dialog box. The dialog box I get is simply named Templates. This dialog box
has tabs that say general, faxes, letters, etc. and buttons that say "ok"
and "cancel" It looks nothing like the New Document Dialog box should for
Word 2007. I want it to look like and act like it is suppose to for Word
2007. I am not interested in anything that looks like 2003 which is exactly
what I am getting when I click office button new.
--
**Niki**
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)