Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hyperlink

TOCs are already hyperlinked by default--no effort required on your part. In
Word 2000 and above, the entire TOC entry is hyperlinked; in Word 97 and
earlier, and in Word 2002 and above if you have declined to hyperlink the
whole entry, the page numbers are hyperlinked. They are not formatted as
hyperlinks (blue and underlined) because you wouldn't want to print them
that way, but when you mouse over an entry (or page number) you should get a
hand and a ScreenTip telling you what to do. In Word 2002 and above, the
default setting requires you to press Ctrl while clicking to follow any
hyperlink (you can change this on the Edit tab of Tools | Options).

"Susan" wrote in message
I want to have each chapter reference in my table of contents linked to

the
page in a document so that users can click on the reference in the toc and
the page jumps to that section in the document. Is this a hyperlink or am

using the wrong idea? When I insert the hyperlink in my toc, it turns

blue
and underlines. But in order for it to jump to the page referenced, I

have
to right click and choose open hyperlink. Is there a way to get it to

jump
with just clicking the reference?
Thanks,
Susan