quid

Default Aligning Text when doc. has existing images

I have a document with images all along the left side of the document.
To the right of each image is a brief description related to the image.
Somebody else composed this document, but I've been assigned the task of
cleaning up the appearance of the document.

I want to keep the images at left, but want to alter the placement of
the text passages. I'm trying to set all of the text descriptions with
a common vertical alignment/margin. However, when I attempt to move
lines of text (i.e. a number of spaces to the right which varies with
each text passage), the alignment goes all screwy.

If possible, I'd like to move entire passages via highlighting and
adjusting margins, or some such approach. Essentially, I've got LOTS of
these individual images and associated text passages to realign (maybe
300 of them).

--
quid