Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Henk57[_46_] Henk57[_46_] is offline

Default Section breaks and repagination

Dear Rick:
I am not sure if I understand you properly. Are you looking for a
pagination style 1-1, 1-2, 1-n, and for Chapter 2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-n? Then
indeed dividing the document into sections is correct. You can restart
the numbering after each section break or contunuous from the previous
section which is likely what you need when inserting a landscape page.
Unlink the section footer from the previous section footer and insert
the page number format you need (Insert/Page number../Format...). If I
misunderstood what you want to do, pls repost with an example of what
you seek and I'll try to help you if possible.

Rick Fears;2234052 Wrote:
I have a document (not particularly long at the moment but it will
grow!)
where the introduction of a section break (to go from portrait to
landscape, and to allow chapter numbering in the footer page number,
has
resulted in the document repaginating every time the cursor moves down

after the section break - this is in print layout view.

If I delete the section break (replacing with a page break) the problem

goes away, but I loose portrait/landscape..

I've tried cutting and pasting the text above and below the section
break
into a new document without success - as soon as I put the first
section
break in it all goes wrong again. I've also reverted to the Normal
template
using the instructions available from the Microsoft support site.

This is Word 2003 SP2 - any ideas?

--
Henk57