Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rick Fears Rick Fears is offline

Default Section breaks and repagination

Henk57 wrote in news:Henk57.cf1d47
@officefrustration.com:

Dear Rick:
I am not sure if I understand you properly.

snip

Henk57

thanks for the reply - getting the correct page numbers (1-1, 1-2...
2-1, 2-2, etc) and other issues are not the problem. The problem is that
as soon as I insert a section break (to achieve the page numbering,
changing for portrait to landscape, etc) the document essential becomes
corrupt - when I move the cursor through the document Word tells me it
is "repaginating" the document - for every cursor down movement. I
believe this is a known corrupt document problem and I have tried all
the recommendations from the Microsoft support site (i.e. recreate the
Normal template, cut and paste into a new document, etc). Another issue
I have found with the document which I didn't mention in my original
post (fix one problem first...), is that the headers and footers "flash"
from one position to another. I have a small table in each header and
footer with bits of text in that are generated from StyleRef, and I
thought I would use the Section Breaks to change the headers and footers
for landscape and portrait views - the end effect is that the cell
widths in these tables changes every few seconds so the headers/footers
appear to "flash".

I really enjoy finding quirks in Word - but not when I'm on a
deadline...

Thanks again for the reply, and if you can help it would be most
appreciated

Rick.