Graham Mayor

Go on! Throw that towel

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
End Sub

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I use mostly 100% and 105% in my docs, and although I see a lot of
cross-pollination (docs opening at 105% when they were saved at 100%
and vice versa), I haven't seen any problem with the IP. What's
driving me to distraction (to the point that I'm on the verge of
throwing in the towel and adding a macro) is that I keep losing the
ruler despite the fact that I relentlessly display it on every doc I
open, save, close, etc. sigh

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in
message ...
Hi Suzanne

I experience this frequently in Word 2003. I'm trying to develop
reliable reproducible steps. I'm currently convinced it has
something to do with (a) having several documents open at once and
(b) those documents displayed at different zoom rates, ie one at
80%, one at 90%, one at 125% etc. But I can't quite get reproducible
steps, yet.

For me, View Zoom OK is enough to set the cursor size back to
rights. And, I find that it corrects itself when you exit Word and
re-start.

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There's a lot of that going around, and so far no one has
established what causes it, but changing the Zoom to 500% and back
reportedly fixes it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"J.K. August" wrote in message
Oooops! "Honey, I shrunk the insertion point line."