Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gnibtay Gnibtay is offline

Default Error message: "saving auto recovery file is postponed"

I am getting the above error message every minute or so in my document. It
stops everything in its tracks until you hit OK.
Word 2003, running on XP, updated through most current update
I am working off a flash drive: both my document and my custom template are
on the flash drive. Could this be the problem.

I like auto save & have auto recover set to 1 minute in Options. Is Auto
Save the same as auto recover? must I give up Auto Save to work off of the
flash drive?