Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Stop users changing styles

I think the best you can do is make the custom character style into a Quick
Style; that way, it can be applied by clicking the appropriate button in the
Styles group on the Home tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"xtine" wrote in message
On 10 Jun, 03:18, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Tools | Customize in Word 2003 allows you to assign any style to a
button.

this is Word 2007, so not sure the above applies.

If I use the Limit to Permitted Styles then not only the Fonts group,
but also the CTRL+B type keystrokes are restricted.

I can create character styles and reassign the default keystrokes to
them so CTRL+B will now apply the character style bold instead of
calling the function ApplyBold . However, I can't work out how to
have a menu group on the ribbon with the B button icon that will apply
the character style.

Christine