Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default amount of memory preserved by Office Clipboard

Only one of the items in the Office Clipboard is the one on the Windows
Clipboard. You can use Copy and Paste in any Windows application, but only
for the content of the Windows Clipboard. If you copy from another
application, what you copied will presumably appear as the first (or most
recent) item on the Office Clipboard (since I've never used the Office
Clipboard, I'm having to be a bit vague here).

http://word.mvps.org

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Jay Freedman wrote:
[Snippy]

The Office clipboard is not the same as the Windows clipboard. I may
be mistaken in this, but I don't think any program outside the Office
suite has access to the Office clipboard, only the Windows clipboard.
So saying that PhotoShop can add things to the (Windows) clipboard
doesn't prove anything.

I'm now confused.
Could you please explain how they are different as I can be copying and
pasting material within Word, but then I can also paste that material in
an outside application like a text editor, or even another word processor?

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid